Lead and manage any project across all areas of business and industry
The Project Management Essentials Certificate Program offered by Extended Studies at the University of Nevada, Reno provides the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully lead and manage any type of project across all areas of business and industry. This 57-hour, four-course series includes both theoretical and practical approaches to project management with hands-on experience working in real-world scenarios.
Effective project management involves coordinating project teams, solving problems, maintaining budgets and meeting deadlines. Participants will examine the basics of project management as well as the framework of initiation, planning, execution, control and closing established by the Project Management Institute (PMI). Concepts will be applied and reinforced through case studies, group interaction and exercises.
Project Management Essentials Certificate courses count toward fulfilling the required 35 hours of project management education/training for the PMP® Certification. Select courses may also be used to earn professional development units (PDUs) necessary to maintain credentials granted by PMI. Please visit www.pmi.org for more information.
Project Management Essentials Certificate Courses
Take courses independently or combine them to earn the 57-hour Project Management Essentials Certificate. It is recommended that courses are taken in the order in which they are listed below. Scroll to the bottom of this page for links to these courses and schedule and fee information.
- The Human Factor in Project Management
- Project Management Essentials
- Managing with MS Project
- Project Management: Beyond the Basics (Prerequisite: Project Management Essentials)
The Project Management Essentials Certificate Program will:
- Provide tools and techniques for managing projects within organizations and businesses large and small across a variety of industries
- Build communication and organizational skills required to coordinate projects whose teams work locally, regionally or globally
- Award a valuable educational credential demonstrating competency in the project management field upon successful program completion
- Offer an opportunity to earn the educational hours necessary to qualify for the national Project Management Professional credential exam
Extended Studies offers a PMI® Authorized PMP® Exam Prep Course
for project managers seeking certification through the Project Management Institute. (The course does not apply to the Project Management Essentials Certificate.)
For more information about the University’s Project Management Essentials Certificate or information about discounts available for multiple registrations from the same organization and a full-program discount for individuals registering for all four certificate courses at the same time, please email Extended Studies or call (775) 784-4062 or (800) 233-8928. Multiple-registration and full-program discounts are available through phone registration only.
For more information about the national PMP certification and the Project Management Institute, visit www.pmi.org.