This course is designed to prepare project leaders, coordinators and team members to take the Project Management Professional (PMP®) or the Certified Associate Project Manager (CAPM®) examination administered by the Project Management Institute (PMI®). PMI certifications are recognized worldwide as benchmarks for demonstrating project management leadership skills and have become the industry standard for project managers seeking career advancement.
Experienced project managers will be able to use the skills learned in this course to prepare for passing the PMP examination and achieving the highly coveted PMP credential. Less-experienced project managers will be able to use the skills learned in this course to prepare for passing the CAPM examination. (It is recommended students with little or no project management experience complete the Project Management Essentials course offered through Extended Studies before enrolling in this program).
The PMP/CAPM Credential Exam Preparation course uses a highly focused approach to review the project management processes and knowledge areas that candidates must know in order to pass the exams.
Topics will include:
- Process framework
- Integration management
- Scope management
- Time management
- Cost management (including earned value)
- Quality management
- Human resource management
- Communications management
- Risk management
- Procurement management
- Stakeholder management
The course instructor is a certified PMP® who will review materials from the PMBOK® Guide
and present effective test preparation techniques. The instructor will discuss how best to prepare for passing the examination on the first attempt, offering tips and techniques for answering questions correctly and reviewing many sample exam questions.
- Both PMP- and CAPM-focused participants should ensure minimum work and education experience requirements to sit for the exam have been met. Please visit the Project Management Institute website for more information on credential requirements.
- Students are required to purchase and read through A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, 5th Edition (PMBOK®) before the course begins.
- It is strongly recommended participants plan to take the PMP or CAPM exam within one month of completing the course. We encourage candidates for PMP or CAPM certification to submit their applications and receive approval from PMI to take their exams before attending this course.
This course may be taken independently and requires no formal admission to the University. For more project management courses, view the Project Management Essentials Certificate
offered through Extended Studies.