The study of law demands a novel approach to academic work, and requires the new law student to adapt to this approach very quickly. Designed to teach the basics of fundamental legal courses, LearnLaw eases the transition from familiar college teaching methods to the sometimes intimidating Socratic method used in almost all American Bar Association accredited law schools, enabling you to start your career in law school at full speed.
LearnLaw online certificate program is designed to:
- Take the “culture shock” out of the first-year law school experience
- Show the interrelationship of first-year law school courses
- Give a foundation in the general areas of law and the courses taught in the first year of law school
- Introduce a new vocabulary of legal terms
- Help students determine whether law school is right for them
Providing a basic understanding of legal terminology, research methods, case analysis and reasoning, LearnLaw will benefit anyone considering or planning to attend law school, undergraduates who are pre-law majors, MBAs and graduate students in law-related fields.
Course topics include:
- Real Property
- Criminal Law and Procedure
- Civil Procedure
- Constitutional Law
All LearnLaw courses are taught by program founder Katherine Pang, J.D., LL.M., M.Ed.
The LearnLaw online certificate program is self-paced and offers the following features:
- Enroll anytime and study anywhere and anytime you wish
- Move at your own pace
- Complete the course from any computer’s Internet browser
- All materials, CDs and textbooks are included in the tuition
- Certificate awarded upon completion by the University of Nevada, Reno
A computer with high-speed Internet access is required to complete this course.