An unparalleled educational opportunity for nonprofit professionals
The Excellence in Nonprofit Management Institute provides an opportunity for professionals in the nonprofit arena to gain and strengthen management skills and techniques, acquire a thorough understanding of day-to-day operations in the nonprofit organization, keep informed of current issues and laws affecting the nonprofit environment, and develop the ability to think strategically for future needs.
Key Learning Objectives
- Gain a thorough understanding of the governing issues of nonprofit organizations
- Identify human resources, volunteer and board responsibilities
- Examine concepts integral to successful marketing, fundraising and program evaluation
- Develop an understanding of appropriate accounting methods as well as 501(c)3 status
Two groups of professionals can be served by this unique program: those working in the nonprofit sector who would like to acquire new skills and a credential critical to professional advancement, and those new to the field or currently working outside the nonprofit sector who would like to enter.
- Legal issues in governing and managing nonprofits
- Human resource development and performance management
- Philanthropy and resource development
- Strategic planning
- Nonprofit accounting and reporting
- Volunteer management
- Grantwriting basics
- Board development
- Nonprofit program evaluations
No sections of this course are currently being offered.