Our world of work is changing rapidly. One big change is the emergence of five different generational age groups in the workplace, a situation that can pose many challenges. Despite everyone’s best intentions, generational problems occur frequently, and may include communication disconnects, disagreements on performance expectations, and a failure to cooperate and collaborate as a team. Learn how to tackle these differences with Katherine (Kit) Prendergast, certified Executive Leadership and Career Transition Coach, in this fast-paced, interactive course designed to help you bring out the best in your multigenerational workforce. Come ready to relax, learn and walk away with a wealth of ideas, strategies and concrete tools to apply immediately to your work setting.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Examine the characteristics that make each of the five generations unique
- Identify the strengths of each generation
- Practice coaching conversations to bring out the best
- Learn how to handle common misunderstandings and communication issues
- Gain the tools needed to persuade everyone to collaborate as a team
This course may be taken independently or applied toward a 10-course certificate in Human Resources Management or Supervisory Management offered through Extended Studies.