Spring 2018 will be the final chance for students to complete courses in the Social Media and Digital Marketing Certificate Program. The program and courses will be discontinued in June 2018.
Measurement and optimization of your digital marketing strategy are essential aspects of engaging customers and generating leads and sales. Simply having a blog, Twitter and Facebook accounts is not enough; using them effectively as part of an integrated digital marketing effort is the key. Participants will learn how to measure the effectiveness of their digital marketing and social media marketing strategies in order to develop methods for ongoing improvement and optimization.
Topics will include:
- Using analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Site Catalyst and Coremetrics to evaluate your website
- Establishing a reliable analytics process
- Defining performance targets
- Developing Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to measure progress
- Evaluating with key metrics such as leads created, pages indexed, keywords in Google Top 100, and many others
- Tracking the effectiveness of lead forms
- Myths and facts of search engine optimization
- Segmentation of metrics and strategies by customer type and business size
- Attribution and performance modeling
Digital Marketing Strategies
or instructor approval. Participants must have a blog and Facebook and Twitter account.
Please note: This course was previously titled Inbound Marketing Analytics and Metrics.
This course may be taken independently or applied toward the requirements of the Social Media and Digital Marketing Certificate