Designed for business owners, managers and non-profit organizations, this course will help you streamline your recordkeeping and maximize your financial wellbeing.
Newcomers to QuickBooks will develop a solid understanding of the software, while those with experience will benefit from instruction in how to fully integrate their systems. This course is taught using both QuickBooks desktop and QuickBooks online. Users of all software versions are welcome.
Course participants will learn how to:
- Set up a company
- Create and adjust a customized chart of accounts
- Edit and fine-tune preferences
- Work with customer, vendor, item and payroll lists
- Set up inventory
- Invoice for services for customers
- Create estimates; progress invoicing
- Process payments and record processing fees from PayPal and 3rd parties correctly
- Work with bank accounts — both manually and digitally integrated
- Enter and pay bills from your vendors
- Customize forms
- Track and pay sales tax
- Create journal entries for adjustments
- Create backups, portables and share files correctly, preserving the integrity of Quick Book’s files
- Use credit card and banking accounts correctly; including recording petty cash
- Enter loans, and work with fixed assets and payments for assets
- Process payroll for employees
- Create reports and graphs
- Customize and memorize reports
About the Instructor
is an Advanced QuickBooks ProAdvisor and a member of Intuit's National Speaker and Writer Network. She is a professional educator, speaker and author with more than 25 years of extensive and varied business experience. Gibson has been teaching QuickBooks workshops throughout Nevada and Northern California for over a decade and has taught accounting and business courses at University Nevada, Reno, Morrison University and Western Nevada College.
See the Business Computer Skills Series overview for more hands-on courses offering résumé-building skills you can use in the workplace today.