Now that you’ve established the appropriate social channels and/or blog for your brand, the next step is learning how to read, analyze and leverage the data behind each channel to most effectively target your audience. Designed for participants with a strong foundation in social media marketing and/or those who have completed the Social Media Marketing Certificate, this in-depth course will examine how to measure and analyze conversation, amplification, applause and economic value in order optimize social media marketing tactics. Participants will learn how to identify key influencers and their characteristics, as well as how to deliver a consistent message and develop and implement crisis communication policies for the social sphere.
Topics will include:
- Identifying and understanding key influencers based on their reach, resonance and relevance to your market
- Why style guides matter: the importance of consistency, style and tone for all content produced and shared on behalf of your brand
- Crisis communication and policies in the social sphere
- Measuring and analyzing conversation, amplification, applause and economic value
- Setting up custom filters and visual goal funnels within Google Analytics to understand site interaction by device type, social channel, campaign and more
- Review of a variety of social media reporting and analysis tools in addition to Google Analytics
Prerequisites:Students must meet at least one of the following three prerequisites to enroll in this advanced-level course:
- Completion of the Social Media Marketing Certificate through Extended Studies, or
- A strong background in social media marketing that includes at least one year of experience blogging and using Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other social media platforms, or
- A blog, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook accounts and instructor approval
This course may be taken independently or applied toward the requirements of the Social Media and Digital Marketing Certificate.
No sections of this course are currently being offered.