Learn important tools and techniques for better understanding similarities and differences among ethnic groups in the workplace and examine the impacts generational and cultural traits have on workplace communication, with a focus on cultural factors affecting communication among Hispanic and non-Hispanic groups and individuals. Designed for both new and experienced managers and supervisors, this course will explore how to more effectively give instructions and constructive feedback and examine seven cultural traits that will help you understand how best to train and supervise first-generation Hispanic employees.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Understand possible cultural differences among employees
- Learn techniques to encourage employees to share workplace situations and issues
- Develop communication strategies focusing on workplace goals and expectations
- Explore coaching, mentoring, and conflict resolution techniques for more effective management
- Learn to use forms, time cards, document translations and interpreters effectively
This course may be taken independently or applied toward a 10-course certificate in Human Resources Management or Supervisory Management offered through Extended Studies.