The skills and knowledge you will gain in this six-hour course will enable you to produce large multi-chapter documents such as training manuals, employee manuals and year-end reports. Each topic in a large document will often have unique footers, and include a table of contents and an index. In this hands-on course, participants will learn to use sections in large documents, allowing unique headers and footers and multiple columns.
Topics will include:
- Using styles for consistent formatting
- Creating the table of contents
- Applying unique headers and footers to each chapter
- Understanding and using sections
- Producing an index
- Using Word “views” to manage large documents
Knowledge, skills and experience required for this course:
- Mastery of basic tasks such as save, open, print , clipboard, font, paragraph and editing groups on the home tab
- Experience navigating the program tabs on the ribbon
- Understanding of formatting and use of styles
- Familiarity with bullets and tabs
- Ability to produce envelopes and labels
Please note: This course is appropriate for anyone who has previously completed Word Essentials or Word Intermediate with Extended Studies. This course will build on your existing knowledge and experience, and you will leave with an even broader knowledge base.
See the Business Computer Skills Series overview for more hands-on courses offering résumé-building skills you can use in the workplace today.
No sections of this course are currently being offered.