This course on casino marketing links the gaming industry and the business environment. Students will study the basic theory of marketing and its business application in the casino environment. Particular attention will be paid to discussing fundamental marketing theories and the application of this information and knowledge to the casino industry.
While the gambling business has many similarities with mainstream business, there are some differences. The importance of strategic planning, consumer and organizational buyers, segmentation, target marketing and assessing the environment that surrounds and impacts the casino will be examined. The course also will examine the historical impacts of the gambling business on present-day marketing and promotion.
Weekly online discussions reflect industry-wide operational concerns and provide an authentic basis for problem solving and decision making. Additional articles assist to present Canadian, American and international perspectives on marketing in the gaming industry. A case study approach of casino marketing examples will form the foundation of the weekly discussions. A final assignment will allow students to develop customized responses to a casino case study that can reflect the special nature of the environment in which they operate professionally and/or reside.
Course Objectives: At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Review the external and internal forces that affect a typical casino
- Recognize the function and purpose of strategic planning in the casino business environment
- Discuss consumer behaviour theory and its relationship to casino marketing
- Explain the place of conventions, meetings and entertainment in casino marketing
- Explain the concepts of segmentation and positioning, and the relationship to casino marketing
- Discuss the importance of revenue management to casino marketing
- Recognize the importance of promotions to casino marketing
There is a discount of 10% for two or more participants from the same organization. Please call our enrollment services staff at 1-800-233-8928 or 775-784-4046 for the discount.