Advanced Mediation Skills is a 24-hour, intensive, three-day course designed to offer mediators a deeper experience with the Facilitative model of mediation. Mediators who have completed a basic mediation course can increase their knowledge and skill base in dispute resolution through an interactive curriculum that addresses opening statements, multilayered questions, enhanced listening, advanced agreement writing, influence of culture and gender, and multiparty/multi-issue mediation role plays. This course offers a variety of advanced skills and self-awareness activities. This course is recommended for people who deal with conflict management in public, private and nonprofit settings, private practices, and community-based organizations.
- Review of the Facilitative Model of Mediation
- Crafting and Implementing an Impactful Opening Statement
- Questions and moving the process forward
- Layers of Listening
- Improving agreements
- Neuroscience and Dispute Resolution
- Developing a greater awareness of culture and gender nuances
- Multiple role-play opportunities for skill application
Pre-Requisite: Beginning Mediation and Conflict Resolution Certificate through Extended Studies or a 40-hour mediation completion certificate from an accredited program within five years.