This program is designed to assist nonprofits in rural areas. The series of topics will allow nonprofits to strengthen leadership and governance skills; think strategically for future financial needs, learn the elements of grant writing; develop marketing plans, including the use of social media; IRS 990s; handle volunteers; and develop their board, as well as developing policies and procedures that will enhance long-term success.
Key Learning Objectives
- Gain a thorough understanding of the governing issues of nonprofit organizations
- Examine concepts integral to successful marketing
- Understand fundraising, grant writing and financial sustainability
- Understand the legal elements of nonprofits
- Develop policies and procedures
To earn a certificate in the Rural Nonprofit Management program, a student must complete the full five-day series. Upon completion of the series, a Certificate in Rural Nonprofit Management will be awarded.
Many professionals can be served by this unique program: those working in the nonprofit sector, board members and volunteers, those new to the field or those wishing to enter the nonprofit sector.