This program, presented in partnership with Great Basin College Continuing Education, is designed to assist nonprofits in rural areas. The series of topics will allow nonprofits to strengthen leadership and governance skills; think strategically for future financial needs, learn the elements of grant writing; develop marketing plans, including the use of social media; IRS 990s; handle volunteers; and develop their board, as well as developing policies and procedures that will enhance long-term success.
Key Learning Objectives
- Gain a thorough understanding of the governing issues of nonprofit organizations
- Examine concepts integral to successful marketing
- Understand fundraising, grant writing and financial sustainability
- Understand the legal elements of nonprofits
- Develop policies and procedures
To earn a certificate in the Rural Nonprofit Management program, a student must complete the full five-day series. Upon completion of the series, a Certificate in Rural Nonprofit Management will be awarded.
Many professionals can be served by this unique program: those working in the nonprofit sector, board members and volunteers, those new to the field or those wishing to enter the nonprofit sector.
Read more about the Rural Nonprofit Management Certificate (PDF)