Seeking a graduate degree? GRE® test scores may be a major component of your college or graduate school application process. Your scores can help determine your admission status and may be used in awarding merit-based scholarships, grants, fellowships
and assistantships. Let our GRE® Test Preparation course help you prepare for this important exam!
The GRE® Test Preparation course is ideal for those seeking to begin advanced degrees in a wide range of fields. The GRE® General Test often is required for a variety of master’s degree and doctoral degree programs such as Master’s of Education (ME),
Social Work (MSW), Nurse Practitioner (NP), Business and Public Administration programs. The GRE® General Test measures critical thinking, analytical writing, verbal reasoning and quantitative reasoning skills that are acquired through academic experience
and are not related to any specific field of study.
Our GRE® Test Preparation curriculum provides 24-hours of targeted instruction to help you fully prepare for the exam. The course has been developed by former standardized-test-item writers and test-preparation experts, who have years of experience writing
test questions and preparing students for success on standardized exams.
In addition, the GRE® Test Preparation course materials include GRE® practice tests, so you can practice the skills and strategies you are learning in class on real test questions. You will master strategies to improve your GRE® score with the help of
an experienced GRE® instructor who cares about your success.
- Solution strategies, both for quantitative comparison and for multiple choice problems
- Tips for breaking complex word problems into small, manageable parts
- Tips for turning geometry diagrams into solvable equations
- Review of the math concepts frequently tested on the exam
- Solving problems when you don’t know all the vocabulary
- Answering reading comprehension questions quickly, without reading the entire passage
- Using comparison and contrast clues to solve sentence completion problems
- Solving “Multiple Right Answer” questions
- Utilizing the process of elimination
- Mastering time management skills
- Minimizing test anxiety
- Identifying common distractors
- Strategies for the analytical writing section are outlined, and sample prompts with accompanying essays are discussed.
GRE Test Preparation sessions
- Session 1: General Information; Quantitative Comparison
- Session 2: Equations and Inequalities; Reading Comprehension
- Session 3: Picking Numbers for Multiple Choice Items; Reading Comprehension
- Session 4: Number Properties; Exponents; Reading Comprehension
- Session 5: Fractions; Text Completion
- Session 6: Geometry: Lines, Angles, and Triangles; Geometry: Circles and Polygons; Text Completion
- Session 7: Geometry: Three-Dimensional Figures and the Coordinate Plane; Sentence Equivalence
- Session 8: Probability and Statistics; Data Interpretation; Analytical Writing; Sentence Equivalence
GRE® Free Strategy Workshop
Join us for a free informative introduction to the GRE® and preview what you will learn in class.
Tuesday, February 26, 2019 from 5:30-6:30p.m. at the Joe Crowley Student Union, Room 422.
The University of Nevada, Reno Extended Studies GRE® Test Preparation course is delivered through a partnership with Educational Testing Consultants, a leader in higher education test preparation. Each year, Educational Testing Consultants helps thousands of students at major colleges and universities across the United States prepare for standardized testing.