This Advanced Blockchain for Business class will expose you to the ins and outs of using blockchain in your business. Students must have the Blockchain Basics Certificate from Extended Studies at the University of Nevada, Reno in order to take this class.
In Advanced Blockchain for Business, we will examine how businesses and organizations across the globe are leveraging this disruptive technology to stay ahead of the game. Learn how business logic, like point of sale, record keeping, accounting, data security, customer privacy and loyalty, and compliance may be improved by including blockchain infrastructure in your business. Students also will learn how to navigate the blockchain industry with confidence to avoid over application and redundancy in blockchain solutions.
Also covered will be an exploration of the regulatory status of blockchain so it can be applied legally and confidently.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Learn where blockchain technology aligns to business processes
- Examine how blockchain is being used today by businesses and governments
- Understand when and where to integrate enterprise-level blockchain solutions to improve daily business logic
- Understand blockchain regulatory issues and how they may impact blockchain in business
- Gain an understanding of cryptocurrency, tokens and stablecoins and how to discern if they are right for your business strategy
- Be aware of what role blockchain plays in information security, and take a look into security incidents in blockchain
Pre-requisite: Blockchain Basics Certificate from Extended Studies at the University of Nevada, Reno
To earn a certificate in Advanced Blockchain for Business, a student must successfully complete the four required sessions.
Coursework will include lecture, video and class participation. Real-world applications will be discussed, and students will be encouraged to talk about examples from their professional lives. Active student participation in class is a key component of the learning experience. Students must attend all of the sessions, participate each day and satisfactorily complete all assignments.