This self-paced online certificate program introduces key issues in entrepreneurship for those looking to start a business on their own. What does it take to build and grow a business from scratch? What personal characteristics are shared by successful entrepreneurs? What types of resources are available to budding entrepreneurs, and where can you find them? Learners who complete this program will have the answers to these questions and others that are essential to the success of their businesses.
This certificate program consists of the following five self-paced courses:
- Accounting and Finance for Entrepreneurs: Provides an introduction to key topics in accounting and finance for those involved in new ventures, including accounting basics, GAAP Principles and financial statements.
- Business Law for Entrepreneurs: Reviews legal structures for a new venture, intellectual property, employment law, contracts, government regulation, and personal and real property.
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship: Explores how entrepreneurs create and establish successful new ventures, reviewing key issues and activities involved in starting a new business, including the decisions that must be made before an enterprise can be launched and established.
- Leadership and Management for Entrepreneurs: Reviews key managerial roles of self-management, planning, organizing, staffing, leading and controlling, and their application in entrepreneurial settings.
- Strategic Marketing for Entrepreneurs: Reviews strategic issues and highlights the questions about market acceptance that must be answered during every stage of the entrepreneurial process.
Each course offers an assortment of interactive exercises, videos, selected readings, case studies and self-assessments that engage entrepreneurs and structure learning about their field. Students can expect to spend about five hours in each course. Each course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible (usually within 24 hours). Participants must achieve average test scores of at least 70% to meet certificate completion requirements, and they will have three attempts at all graded assessments. Students will have one year to complete the certificate.
This program does not have any prerequisites or require additional purchases of supplementary materials. Participation in the program requires high-speed internet access and a valid email address.