Pushing your grant writing skills to the next level is an exercise in focusing on the details. This course shows you how to ask iterative questions of yourself, your team and your proposed program in order to sharpen and refine your grant proposal and push it to the top of the pack. By looking closely at how a logic model can shore up your proposal at each key stage, this course will demonstrate how to push your planning, evaluation, and budgeting from good to great.
- Identify the relationship between logic model components in effective grant program planning
- Assess the level of detail required in a grant planning timeline
- Differentiate between formative and summative evaluations in a grant program
- Choose common line items in a grant program
- Determine the level of detail required in a grant program
- Decide when a no-cost extension request is warranted
- Evaluate post-award sustainability throughout a grant program
- Program Design and Planning
- Writing and Evaluation Plan
- Preparing a Budget
This six-hour course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours. Participants must achieve average test scores of at least 70% to meet certificate completion requirements.
Participation in the program requires high-speed internet access and a valid email address.