The Nevada Public Official Orientation and Symposium was created by Extended Studies at the University of Nevada, Reno in partnership with the Nevada League of Cities and Municipalities, and the Nevada Association of Counties. The indepth program provides diverse resources for educational and professional development responsive to the changing needs of elected and appointed officials in public office throughout Nevada.
The program is designed for:
- Elected and appointed city, state and county officials
- Transportation, fire, police and planning commissioners
- Improvement district and public utility district trustees
- School board members, school district superintendents, CFOs and chief HR directors
Faculty are public officials, University instructors and other acknowledged experts in such fields as public as business administration, finance, human resources, community development and law. They were chosen for their depth of knowledge, teaching skill and commitment to the education of public officials.
- Roles and Responsibility
- Citizen Engagement
- Media Relations
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging for Public Officials
- Open Meeting Law
- Conflict Resolution and De-Escalation Skills