This course analyzes the financial aspects of casino and gaming methods. Participants are introduced to financial issues and structures in a casino. Learn how casinos generate revenue, remain successful and continue to thrive through paying attention to financial issues and the mathematics of the games. In this course, participants will learn about the financial aspects of casino games, the internal security and surveillance and the financial reporting.
Participants will be engaged in weekly online discussions about the industry-wide operational concerns, which will provide an authentic basis for problem-solving and decision making. Articles presented will reflect the Canadian, American and international perspectives on gaming. We will look at career profiles from executives within the casino industry to better understand the demands that are placed upon decision makers. A final assignment will allow participants to take a broad look at financial controls as a central concern in casino management. This course is designed for entry-level managers and those aspiring to be in gaming management positions.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explore casino controls and why they are needed
- Examine how the central importance of cash to a casino affects the nature of its controls
- Define the particular terms that are used in the casino industry
- Explain the importance of hold in financial controls
- Discuss comp financial controls
- Discuss financial controls and reporting