Building a brain trust to unleash the potential of blockchain and distributed ledger technology in a growing economy is critical. This program will provide business and government leaders an understanding of what blockchain technology is and how it can impact their entities.
What can the Blockchain Basics Certificate do for you and your organization?
- Identify innovative solutions to business challenges
- Keep up with changing technology vendors and what customers are adopting
- Understand the value of this technology in your company
Upon completion of the 16-hour program, participants can expect to:
- Have a nontechnical understanding of blockchain technology and how it is changing business operations
- Learn how to engage with entrepreneurs and embrace technology in your business
- Understand how the business community is using blockchain and distributed ledger technology
- Understand the relationship between blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies
- Have an introduction to the world of cryptocurrencies, tokens and initial coin offerings
- Have a good understanding of whether or not to pursue incorporating distributed ledger technology for their business
This Blockchain Basics Certificate Program will demystify blockchain and distributed ledger technology, and provide an overview of the ways the technology is changing businesses in all sectors. This nontechnical introduction with help you understand the benefits and the challenges of adopting this transformative technology to determine if it is appropriate for your business.
The course also covers the relationship of blockchain and cryptocurrencies. While this isn’t a cryptocurrency or investing course, it will give you enough information to understand these topics.
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand the basics of blockchain technology
- Be aware of the different types of distributed ledger technologies
- Introduced to the range of blockchain technology applications
- Have insights into how to work with emerging technology
- Gain an understanding of cryptocurrencies, what are they and how do they work
To earn a certificate in Blockchain Basics, a student must successfully complete the four required sessions.
- Intro to Blockchain (Learn the lingo so you can have a conversation about blockchain)
- History of Blockchain
- Anatomy of a Blockchain
- Understanding Terms
- The Blockchain Ecosystem (Discover the different types of blockchains and their uses)
- Species of Blockchain
- Consensus Mechanisms
- User Roles
- Putting Blockchain to Work (Find out how blockchain is changing industries and government)
- Use Cases
- Government and Law
- Blockchain in the Wild (Moving forward with blockchain)
- Blockchain in your life or business
- Communicating Blockchain
- Navigating the Blockchain Industry
Coursework will include lecture, video and class participation. Real-world applications will be discussed, and students will be encouraged to talk about examples from their professional lives. Active student participation in class is a key component of the learning experience. There will be small homework assignments and a certification exam on the final class session. Students must attend all of the sessions, participate each day and satisfactorily complete all assignments.